AVID at the secondary schools is part of the Title VI program.
AVID Secondary supports all students at Martinsville Middle School and High School.
Kỹ năng chơi RouletteIn addition to the school-wide program, secondary students may apply to participate in the AVID Elective course.
The AVID Elective Selection Process
Student must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- First generation to attend college
- Historically under served in four-year colleges
- Low income
- Special circumstances
- Demonstrates academic potential through:
- Average to high test scores
- 2.0-3.5 GPA
- College potential with support
- Desire and determination
- Student completes application
- Student is interviewed by AVID site team
Please contact the AVID District Director for an application.
The AVID Parent
- Encourages students to achieve academically
- Participates in the PTO
- Maintains contact with teachers
- Participates in AVID family workshops