The MCPS STEM Pipeline is a preK-12 initiative focused on developing the skills and interests of students in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) career pathways.
We have designed three programs:
- We ENspire Interest (Pre-K-5th Grade)
- We ENgage Learners (6th-8th Grade)
- We ENgineer the Future (9th-12th Grade)
In Martinsville City Public Schools, we take seriously our obligation to prepare students for success in real life in a global economy. Our mission, “Bringing Life to Learning,” reflects our intent to accomplish just that.
Let’s Get Down to Business:
- Our community is an active competitor in a rapidly changing, global economy.
- Businesses require highly skilled employees in order to remain viable and prosper.
- Ultimately, industry will locate wherever there is a highly skilled workforce.
At MCPS, we understand our critical role in preparing a highly skilled “workforce pipeline” for local businesses if our community is to economically prosper. We believe our students’ success will be the economic tipping point for our community.
Our School Division:
- Actively partners with STEM corporations in the Martinsville and Henry County region to provide “real life” learning and internship opportunities for students;
- Shares and aligns instructional programs with local and regional colleges and universities so that students can earn industry certifications and/or college credit and credentials prior to graduating from high school;
- Cultivates our own current and new instructional programming, beginning in pre-school and continuing throughout grades K-12, in order to inspire and engage students in the STEM disciplines and to teach them the critical skills necessary to thrive within a global economy.
If you are interested in learning more about the MCPS STEM Pipeline Initiative, or in becoming a partner with our school system, please contact, Angilee Downing, Assistant Superintendent of Instruction, at (276) 403-5820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.